The Syringa Early Childhood Development Centre is situated in Eldorado Park, South of Johannesburg. It caters for the educational needs of children aged 2-6 years old.
Our Centre, previously known as Nespro Pre-School underwent a name change in 2012. We are now known as Syringa Early Childhood Development Centre. It has been in existence for the past 15 years. (Founded in 2001)
At Syringa ECD Centre we aim to develop the child holistically, to prepare him/her for formal learning (School Readiness), by providing a healthy, stimulating and fruitful environment where they can participate in physical, emotional, social, creative, intellectual and cognitive experiences, in order to develop to their full potential. This will help them to deal with a rapidly changing world.
The Centre provides the child with skills, like Pre-Mathematical skills, Pre-Reading and Literacy skills, Listening skills and Science.
A well balanced menu provides two cooked meals and two healthy snacks for each child everyday in order to increase their chances of healthy growth and development.
7:30 am – Breakfast 12:00 pm – Lunch
10:00 am – Mid Morning Snack 2:15 pm – Afternoon Snack
Each Age group – (2-3 years), (3-4 years), (4-6 years) – receive a developmentally appropriate Learning Programme, and children are observed and assessed regularly in order to inform practise. Our Grade R class is Registered with The Department of Education (EMIS No: 700700303) and has been found to fully meet the required outcomes.
The Principal is a qualified Educator with 35 years teaching experience. She is passionate about the wellbeing and education of the children. The staff consist of qualified practitioners and assistants who is constantly in training to better their expertise and implementation of the Learning Programmes. The Principal is assisted by a Boardmember who is an Educator that holds a Masters Degree in Research and Curriculum Development to empower and build the capacity of the practitioners and to ensure that our Centre facilitate and implement the best learning programmes, and stay up to standard with the requirement of GDE’s Early Childhood Development Institute (ECDI) NELDS (0-4 years) and Grade R (4-6 years) CAPS Programmes.
Our Centre is fully compliant and Registered with the Department of Health and Department of Social Development.
Our strategic goals for the next 3 years are:
- A purpose build, fully-equipped ECD Centre of Excellence, with adventure playgrounds and recreational facilities for extra mural activities.
- To instill public awareness of the educational needs of young children aged 0-6 years in our immediate community.
- Our operating hours is from 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- The Centre remains open throughout the year, including all school holidays and will be closed during public holidays.
- An annual non-refundable Registration Levy of R300 and a one month advance payment of R600 schoolfees is required upon Registration.
- Schoolfees is R600 pm and payment must be made on the 1st day of every month.
- We would like to encourage Parents to pay schoolfees by means of Debit order.
Our Banking Details are as follow:
First National Bank
Syringa ECD Centre
Branch Code: 250737
- School Uniform is available at R250 (T-shirt, Cap + Shorts)
|Back||Back to top|